You’re invited to experience the unique home Frank Lloyd Wright designed for Ruth and Russell Kraus in 1951. Your docent-led tour includes a complete tour of the Usonian design and information about the history, design, construction, and restoration. You’ll also learn about Ruth and Russell Kraus and their creativity, determination and commitment to building their ‘little gem”.
Tours last approximately one hour. Tour size is limited and advance tickets are strongly recommended as tours are often sold out.
Wednesday: 11:30 am and 1:00 pm
Friday: 11:30 am and 1:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am, 11:30 am and 1:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm
$20 per adult
$10 per child, ages 7-12 (children must be 7 years or older for tours)
Members: FLWHEP Members and Frank Lloyd Wright Reciprocal Sites members enjoy free tours. To book tours using your membership, select the “membership” ticket option after selecting your tour date and time. Please have your membership card to present at the time of your tour.
Groups and Students
What to Expect
- As of September 1, 2022 masks are optional for guests, staff, and volunteers.
- Tours last approximately 60 minutes.
- Visitors MAY take personal-use photos on their tour (see guidelines below)
- Children under 7 years are not allowed on tours (including infants and toddlers).
- Visitors are asked to not bring large purses, bags and backpacks on the tour. The FLWHEP can provide a secure location during your tour if needed.
- The restroom facility on-site is an accessible port-a-potty on the park grounds.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your tour as parking is limited.
The FLWHEP welcomes visitors and volunteers in accordance with the American’s with Disabilities Act including welcoming trained service animals.
- There are some portions of the home that have limited wheelchair access due to narrow doorways. Wheelchairs need to be able to fit through a 30” doorway to access the living room and bedrooms. Wheelchairs and walkers wider than 22” will not be able to access the kitchen and studio.
- The front entrance has one 4” step up, the remainder of the home is one-level. Tour guests typically stand/walk throughout the tour; temporary seating can be provided during the tour if needed.
- Visitors in need of hearing assistance may arrange in advance for a sign-language interpreter.
- Guests with vision impairments may arrange for an adapted tour in advance.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-822-8359 in advance of your visit with accessibility information.
Bring your camera (or phone!). Visitors are welcome to take photos to remember and share their visit. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Tour guests may take non-tripod photos of the interior and exterior of the home while on a docent-led tour. Please be courteous of other guests and your docent.
- Photos are for personal, noncommercial use only.
- Tripods, selfie sticks, bulky bags, and equipment are not permitted inside the home.
- Video and audio recording is prohibited.
- Requests for commercial use must be directed in writing to the Executive Director.
- The FLWHEP reserves the right at its sole discretion to withhold or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises.
Please share your photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Ebsworth Park Access
The grounds of Ebsworth Park are available to the public daily from dawn to dusk, but the driveway gate is open only when tours are scheduled. During non-tour times, visitors may park at the gate entrance and access the park on foot.